Thursday, March 22, 2018

Renewed Friendships

Most people take friendships serious and important.  Well, some people do anyway.  Some others call everyone that smiles at them a friend.  But, I am speaking about real friendship.  Someone that cares, tells you when you are thinking correctly and when you are thinking right.  Someone who stands by you through thick and thin.  I have had several good friends like that in my almost 70 years and feel blessed for it.

Today I found out I had another such person.  About two years ago I called it quits on an agency I liked going to because of so much drama with staff and always wanted to share and talk to me about it each time I went there.  They played people against each other and I was just tired.  Instead of telling them so, I just stopped going there.  That was not the best or correct thing to do.  It hurt me and also the leader of the place who was and did consider me a friend.  Although at times she made mistakes also and did not speak or treat me as such either.  But today I decided I wanted to go back there and use this agency.  So I walked in, and right away, out of the elevator door was my friend.  I asked her if we could talk a bit, and she was happy.  She listened, and she talked also.  She was so glad that I was back.  She was also glad that I am the person that I am and will come back and correct things and always work toward the right things.  I was proud of her and she was proud of me.  We see our good and not so good qualities, but admit that we actually both have good character.

It was a wonderful day for this country woman and this city woman to get things established as friends should do.  We laughed at how we let people who gossip, like drama and cause trouble to harm our relationship.  We also noted that they are no longer at this agency, but that I am back and she is still there.  We also noted that there will always be people who like to cause trouble, but we are ready and will protect our relationship from now on.  Now that is having a friend.  I am glad to have her and she is glad to have me.

If you have friends like that, count them a blessings and cherish your times with them.  Life is short so fix relationships and move forward.

A note, I have some relationships in my life that I could not fix, but another good friend told me that it really is not my job to fix them, but to not allow them to steal my joy.
That is good advice I think.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment