Friday, March 23, 2018


COUNTRY KATIE AND ALWAYS DAISY MAE, BUT ALSO HEMINGWAY, VINCENT vG AND MR. MOLESLEY....


Why is it that sometimes a certain dog just touches your life so deeply like my Daisy Mae Foxhound or as a friend called her, Daisy Dog, did touch mine and others?  Maybe it was her intelligence and kindnesses,  or her devotion to me, protection and love.  I don't know, but I still have pictures on my dresser of her and think of her often, recalling our times of "glamping" and long walks, talking together.

When I say talking together, yes I mean just that.  She had a way of looking at me that was like she was giving me an answer.  Protecting me when a loose dog at the campgrounds came after me and not her.  She was behind me on her leash as she was afraid of this Australian Shepherd.  When the dog charge toward me, well, she came out from behind and in front of me, with hair on her back up, and teeth showing, growling and barking at the dog.  It was then that the lady who owned this dog came from her campground to get him.  She said she was sorry and that we almost had a bad dog fight...hee hee hee.  I just looked shocked at her as she took no responsibility as many don't for their dogs.  I just said "the rules are that you are to have your dog tied in the campsite or on a leash when walking."   Enough said and I left.  In it all I was so amazed at my nice lady Daisy Mae Foxhound.  She protected me and then went right back to being who she usually was.  On our way back to our campsite we stopped at the gatekeepers to report the situation to them, and Daisy did her usual greeting of putting her paws up on the shelf by their window and wagging, waiting for her treat from them.  What a see dog.

Now with all those memories, I must say, I am smitten with my three little dogs, Hemingway, a Yorkie mix and Vincent a Maltese/Poodle, and Mr. Molesley, an Italian Greyhound.  They are smart, loving, fun, funny, and happy.  They each have different personalities and temperment.  They each have a special place in my heart.

So it is true some certain dogs are special, but now I believe each dog is special if you give then an opportunity.  All of these dogs are from our local Humane Society.  I suggest if you need a good friend, a companion, a protector, go visit your local Humane Shelter and let them, one of those special dogs, choose you to be their mom or dad.  They will love you for it.
 Mr. Molesley
 Hemingway
Vincent vG


No comments:

Post a Comment