Friday, March 16, 2018

   Country Lady Cooking


Today was another day of cooking and baking for this country woman.  I really enjoy doing this.  I especially appreciate my nice baking supplies, cookware, and stove....with a proof oven setting.  It is a LG model, electric with glass top stove.  The oven is blue in color and also works as a convection oven. 

With all that sales work for this great oven, I have to get back to what I wanted to write, which is taking my sour dough recipe from King Arthur Flour, and using it to make some wonderful cinnamon rolls today.  I let the dough rise as needed and the second time out, I rolled it out, put in sugar, cinnamon, raisins, dried cranberries and walnuts plus butter.  I rolled it up , cut them, and placed them in a large baking pan so I could allow them to have a rising time again of about 1 hour.  After baking, I cooked them and frosted them with simple butter/powdered sugar frosting.

These turned out so good and were a great use of my sour dough starter which I enjoy making.  Then for dinner I made beef/potato/carrot pasties with a great gravy.  I have made them before and we enjoy them.  We always have leftovers for another day.  This is a good old recipe.  Pasties were made and used by miners and lumberjacks for years as lunch pail sandwich food.  Check out recipes and enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    I have the exact same stove! I'm very happy with it, but I really miss cooking on a gas stove. Controlling burner temps is so difficult on electric. That said, what yummy looking rolls! I, too, had a busy day of cooking yesterday. Pound cake with some green food coloring swirled in, Corned beef with carrots, celery and cabbage, and Irish Soda Bread. Not a day for watching calories, that's for sure! I plan on ordering some King Arthur Flour sourdough starter next fall. I've enjoyed cooking with it in the past, but finally stopped keeping up with it. Just two of us in our household, and even with gift-giving, it was just too much. Happy Spring!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete