Saturday, January 28, 2017


TOO FAST THE TIME DOTH GO....


Winter does not seem to have even come to my part of the country and it soon will be February.  I miss a good snow storm like I grew up with in Wisconsin.  Another thing about longer winters is that you get more projects done of cleaning and redoing things in the house, of sewing, quilting, knitting, and painting.  I find that I have not accomplished as much as I have planned for this season.  Maybe I planned more than I should have but as I get older, I almost feel like I have to speed up to get my projects finished.  My friend, Helga , always says that she and I always have so much creativity that we have to live to be 150 to finish it all.  

With thoughts of another quilt this winter, of wool work to applique, and of knitting and learning more about my painting, and  on and on, I also cannot help thinking about spring on this sunny cool day in January in Missouri.  I trimmed some of my houseplants and cut some of my indoor herbs.  My kitchen smelled so lovely, and I am grateful for the growth, which makes me think of growing which makes me think of garden, which makes me think of spring.  

It does not have to be spring for some time as I have lots to do indoors, but one cannot just think a little about it on such a pretty sunny day late in January.  


1 comment:

  1. Our winter was and still is mild. I try to not look at what all I haven't done but what I have done. Sure, I would like to finish up a cross stitch, stained glass window that is almost finished but sometimes having a cat purr in your lap produces the same good feeling.

    ReplyDelete