Tuesday, January 3, 2017

COUNTRY HAPPENINGS ON A COLD RAINY DAY:


The mist and rain is really needed and it is only in the 30's so not so bad for January weather in NE Rural Missouri.  Now, what does one do on a day like today.  Well for this country woman, it is have nice hot coffee and some television news time before getting going on a few chores.  Than...

I did some sewing, hemming around nice pieces of fabric that I am going to embroider "Memory" pillow fronts for myself and my daughter.  We took a nice trip to Wisconsin last fall and thought of this idea for a memory.  I also sewed a neat vintage fabric apron.  It was fun and used lots of bias tape.  I enjoy sewing with bias tape.  It makes me think of all the lovely bias tape, piping, and rick rack I used on so many of my daughter's clothing when they were growing up.  I also made nice things for my son, but usually no decor like the tapes and rick rack.  

Then to make the house feel warmer and tasty, I put a spatchcocked chicken in the oven with lots of olive oil, herbs, and lemons, garlic and onions.  It is an Ina Garten recipe that I have wanted to try.  It is smelling wonderful.  We will have it with green beans and also the last loaf of my baguettes which were fresh yesterday.

It was even a time to walk around in the mist with my dogs for a bit, but the cold really does hit this old body as I have fibromyolgia and also osteoporosis.  Actually that sounds bad, and is, but I feel quite fine and tend to do lots more than many much younger than I am.  I forgot to mention I also got my yoga in this a.m.

Nice touch to the day, napping in my large recliner covered with a homemade crazy quilt with my three little dog children all around me.  It was nice to just be cozy after coming in from outside.  Before sitting down, I hit the hot tub in the basement which we enjoy daily.   

So for a rainy cold day.......it was very fulfilling to me.  Hoping you had a great day also.  If not, there is a tomorrow on the way.  

1 comment:

  1. Does sound like a nice day! Have you ever made a yoyo quilt. Call me crazy but I think I will learn to make one this year!

    ReplyDelete