Friday, January 13, 2017

Ice Storm Coming...

Today we are to expect a severe ice storm.  It is to start sometime this afternoon.  Schools are closed and some people even heading home from their jobs early, getting ready to stay in place at home.

I am staying at place in my country home and have been here for about a week now, storm or not, because I like it.  But I also note that when storms are coming, weather changes, I must put out more food for my bird friends.  This morning so many were flocking at the feeders.  We have several, and a jar of peanut butter attached to the tree, screwed lid to the tree and cut the bottom of the plastic jar out.  The birds and squirrels love it.  I put out some halved oranges also as the bluejays like those.  The seeds are flying away with the bluejays, cardinals, chicadees, finches, sparrows, and snowbirds.  We even have a covie of quail that come and eat.  One year the weather was bad for a few days and we even had a hawk that took its place on top one of the feeders, waiting to have the birds come feed so he could feed.  I must say I never saw them take his being there are a time to come and feed.  

It is fun to watch how the animal word responds to the weather changes, and they do not even watch the many reports.  They never get nervous, but just take care to get "fed up" in their world, not the way us people get fed up with the bad weather.

So, I sit indoors enjoying my country life like I did for days now.  What will change for me with ice coming is that I will not get out to walk as much in the next few days, but plans to enjoy reading, knitting and other activities.  I can always take some photos, even from my many lovely windows with many lovely directions of "country" on every side.

To those that feel stranded or closed in by this store, I say, get some good books, some hot tea, and a few dogs, a blanket and wait it out in comfort and enjoy each relaxing moment you have before you have to get back to  your so busy life.  I will be here doing what I do most days, enjoying what my country life brings me each glorious day.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like this same ice storm will be coming to West Virginia on Saturday. Must admit, I am looking forward to it. Ideas of stained glass making and some cross stitching. As for my birds, they are set also. I have never put out oranges. I must try that. I have a lone lost starling that eats cat food. Rather like the odd bird. He has become friends with our woodpecker. Great post.

    ReplyDelete