Friday, December 16, 2016

OUR COUNTRY:


In light of the turmoil with the election and after, our country is so astir with anxiety and fear.  Some people seem to believe it will all be okay, but they are blinded to the fact that things are changing or planning to change in a harsh way in our country, as it has changed in our campaign time for hatred and meanness.

It troubles me as I love my country.  It does not matter who you voted for, but it does matter that we now stand together to heal our country and also to be the watch dogs for keeping our democracy and liberties for all.

As a country person, rural America, I am not someone who follows blindly and I do not like to be pegged as one who would vote for someone like trump.  I did not.  I love my country and its freedoms, even to vote for who I want.  I do not want to be lumped into the group of women who voted for him either, because I did not.  I am a college educated white woman and a retired woman.

It is now that I look at the Off the Grid things and do not laugh as much at how hard people make it for themselves.  I also see that they are insulating themselves some when things may turn bad in our wonderful nation.

I am not someone to leave my country because of this horrible man and his ideas.  He does scare me and I do not believe we have all the checks in place to stop him from many things that he "will" do to harm our country and benefit himself.  It is just a shame.

In saying all of this, I am full of hope as I always am.  In the process, I will listen and watch and take measures to safeguard my style of life.  It may not be Off Grid, but it is rural living and I enjoy it.  I have thought about a wood furnace.  We have well water and we are not talking solar panels.  I had thought of a windmill at one time but we do not get sufficient flow in our hollow.  I have a stock pile of things usually and am pretty self sufficient but still rely on my internet and electricity.  We have a gas pipeline through our land and get reasonable rates for our heating, but can change to wood.  We also are looking at generators.  All the while my hope is in the fact that I am a survivor and I believe I can not leave my country and survive this time, maybe helping some others along the way.

Never give up on yourself, your country and your hope for a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment