Sunday, December 18, 2016

Letter writing and Snail Mail


Just finishing typing several letters to people in my life that do not use their computers for facebook, or even email.  Actually there are people like that in my life yet and it is okay because I enjoy sending notes and letters.  How, you say, can I as I do email, facebook, blog!   I do enjoy it because I enjoy receiving letters and cards and notes in the mail.  It is like receiving something I can spend time with during lunch or savor after lunch like a good dessert.  I feel the same way about my wonderful "bella Grace" Magazine I receive quarterly.  It is good to savor these treasures as they are few and far between.

So I pile my letters and cards up in my desk in the study and frequently take a look at how the pile is, and head over to my desktop to type.  I used to make my living typing many moons ago and enjoy the craft.  The people receiving the letters often hand write back to me and that is also nice.  I do notes that way and cards, but when I am actually going to type a letter it will become three pages so is best typed.  I enjoy using different fonts for different people.

One of my friends likes cursive writing on the typed text so I always use this for her.  My cousin has eye issues so I make my font strong and larger.  Oh, this computer thing is so great. 

I encourage you to send notes to people, type or write a letter.  I know it may seem old fashioned, but, it really is okay to keep some of these old fashioned things going.  They have value I believe.  I know it brings a smile to me each time I get one in our country mail box.   Actually there is something to a nice large country mail box also.  I love my larger box that my postal person can put some packages in and not have to drive down our circular drive to get out and knock on my door.  Of course, by the time she gets down the drive and in front of the house my little dogs are letting me know someone is here.  Of course it is always good to see her for a few minutes.  Oh, that makes me think that I need to get my container of fudge/cookies put together for her Christmas gift to put in my country mail box for this special servant.  Yes, it is also old fashioned I suppose but it is also kind to remember the people who serve you all year long.

So write some notes, letters, cards and give your mail person a gift, your paper person if you have that at our house, or others.    Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment