Monday, December 12, 2016

COUNTRY LIVING

Recently I joined a group on facebook called Off Grid and Homesteading.  Now I do not do either.  My grandparents did homestead years and years ago when they came from FRANCE to Canada and down into Wisconsin to a homestead.  It was amazing to recall that they built and lived in a two story square log house for years and years, raising nine children.  
But for me, country life is enough.  I do not believe I could do the off grid thing as I like my comforts.  I do try to conserve energy where I can and recycle and garden and can and make jams and jellies.  I bake, cook, sew, quilt, knit and crochet.  But off grid to me means generators, gas or kerosene lights, cold houses or way hot with the wood stoves.  I like my comforts but admire these who do the off grid and homesteading style of living even if they truely are not homesteading, just living country life at its roughest I suppose.

Now I did live in a camper for five months in Colorado and enjoyed the experience, but a camper with stove, oven, bathroom, shower, and furnace.  It was fun and my children have lots of fun memories.  

I glamped recently for three seasons but also had a nicer camper and comforts for my Daisy Mae Foxhound and myself.  At times we were the only ones at the Federal Reserve and it was very pleasant and enjoyable to watch nature and the quiet.

Living were I do on 2.5 acres with our farm 1/2 mile down the road offers me lots of outdoor time, plus garden and potato patch area and woods by the house and nature, coyotes, deer, eagles, many other birds and animals also.  I like country life and always will.  

When I come inside I like my three bedroom brick ranch style home and bathrooms and full basement that is also heated.  I like the furnace running and it is gas which we get a big break on because the pipeline runs through our land.  We have a hot tub in the basement and it is wonderful.  I have areas for my yoga, painting, quilting, and sewing and also knitting area for my circular sock knitting machine.  I enjoy bedrooms and nice dining and living room area.  Oh, favorite, of course is my kitchen.  Country decor and country kitchen for me to play and bake and enjoy.  Most of my company sits around the kitchen table to visit.  That is country life.  

Bless those who want more "roughing it". 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment