Monday, December 12, 2016

BAKING........YUMMY


Christmas time seems to be when many people make their special recipes.  I bake all year round and love to bake, considering it an art form when I take fresh bread, etc. from my oven.  But I also save a few cookie recipes for the holiday season.

My grandchildren especially ask if or when I am going to bake peppernuts or sugar cookies with piles of buttery frosting on them.  I was asked about fruit cake and scones and breads of every kind.  So my children generally don't ask because they know it will happen in due time.  In recent years I have been baking a double batch of one type of cookie and handing them out to all who request but then we eat the rest before I make more.  I have gotten away from having bowls and jars of cookies in my pantry simply because I am retired and can do it this way at this season of my life.

Today I am trying my new stove, a LG convection bake/roast and regular bake and also a proof oven for my breads (wonderful idea).  I have scones in the freezer for their needed 30 minutes before baking them.  These are dried cherry and almond with almond flavor plus some vanilla also.  They look yummy raw but will be better baked and I know I can wait.

I plan to also make windmill cookies again today.  They are so tasty.  Maybe I will get at the sugar cookies and the thumbprints next week and yes.....not last or least...I have to make fudge.  

Christmas time is a wonder for so many reasons so please enjoy it.  Bake just one thing special for the season.  It will taste so "seasonal".


No comments:

Post a Comment