Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Christmas Carols:


The Holiday season is upon us.  It can be marvelous or horrible, attitude and organization are a key.
My holidays are always joyful for me at least, I do not take responsibility to making others happy as they can only do that for themselves. 

No matter if I were all alone, I would bake, have gifts to give, and decorate.  I would play Christmas music and watch Christmas specials on television.  I would always read a Christmas novel by Debbie Macomber.  
I would even get out my Christmas sheet music and books and play away on my piano to enjoy my own merry music.

While listening and playing music I could not help but take a great look around my home.  Starting in the dining room and kitchen you could say that it is "Here Comes Santa Claus" as I have vintage santas all over both rooms.  In the living room I would have to call it "Away in The  Manger" as I collect manger sets and have about seven over the fireplace mantel, one on the television stand, and more on my antique blanket keeper.  Then the largest bathroom has angels so it would be "Angels We Have Heard on High".  One soft looking angel hangs from the window closure by a ribbon and is decorated with feathers.  So very pretty.  The smaller bathroom is filled with snowmen of every size and shape and would be "Frosty the Snowman" for sure.  The other rooms, bedrooms, study, and basement area are not decorated accept maybe with a pretty holiday pillow handmade of course by this country woman.

Now to add to all of that I would have to say that the kitchen, dining room and living room could also be called "Oh Christmas Tree" as they each have a tree in them.  The kitchen has a counter top antique tree with small ornaments and wooden decorative chain.  Very vintage looking and eclectic.  The dining room has a full size tree with lights and tinsel garland and antique tea spoon collect with red bows.  Really fits in with all the tea pots and cups decorating the shelves on three of the walls.  The living room has a large tree with vintage and homemade ornaments.  Some are so old, from my grandmother, that they have paper tops instead of metal.  I have collected ornaments from the many places I have traveled, so it is really a memory tree also.  

Now I encourage you to go around your house or one room if that is all you decorate.  I challenge you to think of a wonderful song for Christmas that you could connect to that room.  The last challenge....go ahead....belt it out as loud as you can and cherish the memories of it all.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment