Friday, December 6, 2013

IDEAS


My visit this past week to our local quilt shop, Hickory Stick, in Hannibal, Missouri (one of the top ten in the nation says Quilter's magazine), is always a fun time.  I have come to know the women, besides enjoy all the fine quality "stuff" they have for us quilters.  But as I am also a "glamping" person (glamour camping), I have been looking for things that would go into my camper to make it fit that bill more.  I spotted a nice pillow made up by staff, with the design for sale below.  It has a wonderful lady riding a bike, hat on, hair blowing, and just fun.  Talking with one of the staff about getting this piece to embroider and finding just the right fabric to embroider it on, brought me to talking to the designer, another staff person.  I was so "inspired" to do this pillow, not chosing the fabric for sewing it up yet as I have much embroider to do, but that I could add this to my "glamping", that when I told the designer how "inspiring" this project was to me, she, in turn, told me that she was "inspired" to design it because of her camping experience in Oklahoma this summer.  She and her husband were camping and met up with a large group of "glampers" and she,being a designer, quilter, and all around neat lady, enjoyed seeing them, their campers, and all the fun they were having.  She said, that she now as again "inspired" because she met an actually "glamper" right here in Hannibal area.  She even asked me to bring my pillow in when I finish it something this winter.  It is so nice to have this shop close, but even greater to see how the circle of inspiration goes around in our "woman's world" of fun and fellowship.  Maybe I can even get her to come visit me or camp with me some time this next seaso.  Who knows, all this "inspiration" may have created a "glamping" buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment