Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Always Right????


I note that some people seem to always need the last word, always need to be right, and always need to be in charge of the conversations.  Then I decided to check myself out, as if I am complaining, or just stating these things, then I don't want to be at fault for them also.  So in my days with my dogs, I did always have the last word, and I was in charge of the conversations, but I was not always right, and my Daisy Dog will "bark" to that one.  She seems to know best where to walk and what to look out for then I ever will.  She seems to also have some last words in my conversations with her.  What about you, if you have a dog that is?

But when it comes to people, oh, to comment on a post on facebook when you know you are right, and someone comes back with a harsh NO!!!! and corrects you, makes me think again about answering them ever.  But really is that the way to go.  I had to be "taken aback" for a bit.  That is an old country turn  of words I think.  Anyway, don't respond back and say "NO" it is not, please, please, please.  After thinking about it and what I had been pondering about people, their temperments, etc, I decided to respond to her with, oh, okay, but we know that he is dead and gone to heaven.  I am hoping that is the "last word" in this issue, but maybe she will argue about him going to heaven!  Anyway, I decided I did not need to take charge of this conversation any more, and I did not need the last word, as she already posted something else, so she can have the last word if it is important to her!  

My last name is Wright, but I tell people that I know I am not always right.  Some people say, "wow, someone who admits they are not always right".  It really is freeing to do this and live this way.  I also like just sitting and not talking at all.  I learned long ago as a counselor/therapist, that to listen is a good quality.  You learn so much when you do, so I don't need to always be the one talking.  With my husband, I often start conversations, as he is not a great talker, but we can sit in our wonderful country home and talk most of the evening and drink coffee or wine, with our dogs laying around us.  You get that man started talking about something he likes and it makes for a great evening at home. 

All this said (well, typed) and I have my answer.  There are people who don't need to have the last word (me), and people who admit they are not always right (me), and people who don't always have to control the conversation (me).  Then again, I am having the last words in this post, and I think I am right, and I am in control of this conversation.  Actually maybe I like to blog because I am in control of this conversation.....oh, my!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment