Tuesday, December 10, 2013

 The Cold Has Hit:


 This a.m. in rural Missouri it was 13 but with wind chill it was -3.  Wow, am I ready for this.  My answer is yes, I may not like it, but cannot do anything about it, but accept it and dress and do accordingly.  So on with the lined bibs and heavy CarHart jacket with hood to go out for my daily walk with my foxhound.  I am thankful she keeps me going out for fresh air and exercise.  She also is a great companion and friend.  My Daisy Mae was so proud when I told her that the foxhound named Jewel had won best in show at Westminster this year.  I say it is about time.  These hound dogs are great animals. 

After our walk, we were both glad to be indoors again.  I have my quilt all ironed and ready to be laid together.  I also am working on a pair of socks so sit and do some knitting with my morning watch of the news and sometimes my evening watch of "if there is something worth watching" on televison.  I also am decorating my "Farmgirl/sisterhood denium jacket.  As a member of MaryJanesFarmgirl sisterhood, I have been enjoying checking out the merit badge booklet, reading her magazine and things she sends online.  I also am happily playing with the decorating of my dark denium jacket with my membership badge, and some buttons and red, my favorite color, rick rack.

Oh, I also took time this cold day to clean out my project closet and set some scrapbook things aside to sell at my consignment booth at VeraBelle's soaps and consignment vintage shop in Hannibal, MO.  I have enjoyed having this booth for a few months now.  It pays for itself and gives a little income, which I decided I would stuff away for a special outing of camping with some of the girls or going on a women's retreat somewhere.  With so many projects I have to do, I decided I would not continue to scrapbook.  I enjoy my "glamping" and photos but went back to placing them in nice photo albums.  They are easier to haul with me to show off my "style" of camping to friends.  And when I am camping, I do take them along and look at them myself to remember fond things from weeks before of camping. 

This cold day in Missouri, I have scrubbed my dining/kitchen floor and moved the table in front of the windows.  My Daisy actually climbs up on it and lays down to look outside.  Nothing like large dog prints on my wooden table....but they do wipe off.  It is her house too you know.

So I am off now to get a ham ready to put in the oven with homegrown sweet potatoes and later some raised rolls...yummy dinner for Roy and I.  And then we will head out in the cold, but in our truck, to a great sale this evening at Farm and Home.....one of our favorite stores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment