Monday, December 2, 2013

Cyber Monday in the Country


Yes, even in rural Missouri, we are not out of the loop and I so enjoy being online to do some shopping.  I especially enjoy Amazon and then Knit Picks for yarn and needles.  Oh, it is fun to join in with the rest of the world doing Cyber Monday stuff.  Just as my husband, Roy and I do the Black Friday shopping, usually with my son, Brook and this year his youngest, Alorah, age 11, went along.  I have some fun memories and great stories about shopping on BF.  That usually is something you miss with cyber shopping.  All the same, I enjoy being "in the loop" and connected with others on these special shopping days.  Of course, I could say that I don't hold to only shopping on those days, as I enjoy the online shopping more and more as I have retired.  It is one more way to stay home more and enjoy what GOD has blessed me with, a nice home, acres of land to walk on, health, family, dogs, and many interesting hobbies and work to do at home.  Retired does not mean that I just sit around and do nothing.  Even cyber shopping is "something", right!

Before my cyber shopping, I of course had breakfast, coffee, and time to knit while watching the news.  Then I got going on a bit of chores, cleaning out my closet and bagging up nice useable things for our "blessing closet" at church which will be the same day as our food pantry.  We usually have about 120 families served each month.  This month there will also be clothes and toys besides the food, thus, the Blessing Closet.  I was glad to get things moved out of my closet also.  As I am retired now, I just don't need as many clothes or the kinds of clothing I had in there.  I replaced some of my give aways already on Black Friday with another nice pair of flannel lined blue jeans by Carhart, and also a nice rose colored jacket (with hood) and some matching bibs, both insulated (lined) to serve my outdoor times more.  I have my homeknit alpaca mittens and hat and scarf to go with to keep me warm.

Now that I have finished cyber shopping and other computer stuff, I am headed to get ready for my monthly book discussion group at our local library.  I enjoy the women and also the reads, and get a few errands done when heading to town.  Who knows, I may decide that I am not done with this Cyber Monday stuff, and come home to do more shopping.  I so appreciate technology, and I don't have to have the crowds of people....my chosen crowd is a lap full of doxies, three right now and one by my feet and my dear Daisy Mae (foxhound) in the oversized chair next to me.  Usually they are not a demanding and pushy as holiday shopping crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment