Friday, June 8, 2018

SOME DAYS ARE JUST "CONTEMPLATIVE"

Country life is "my" way to live, but maybe not for everyone.  As I see people hustling around when I do go to town, I wonder if they ever stop to smell the roses, peonies or even daisies.  Today on CBS I saw a story about Forest meditation.  Being aware of the surrounding, being out in nature, listening and looking, resting in it all, taking it in.  I am so blessed to have that daily in my life.  

During these times, I do photography, and so many hobbies.  I also enjoy my gardens and playing with my dogs.  Reading in the lovely screened porch is good.  However, with all of that, it is a need to get out in the little forest by our house or go over to the farm and walk in the many many acres of trees and creek.  Watching the birds, the blooms, well, is that healing.

Even with all of this, there are days like today where I sit for quite a bit in the morning, by myself with my dogs at my sides, and simply contemplate my life, past, present, and future.  Believing this is also a healthy endeavor, I am reminded by news this a.m. of another famous person killing themselves.  Sad and a great lose, and why.  Did they contemplate their lives and were unhappy with themselves.  Were there no people to care about them or for them to really talk with.  Busyness can overtake people, and they soon lose themselves in it.  

I never wish to get lost in busyness, but I know after my long morning of contemplating, it can encourage, sadden, and reward you.  But now it is time to get moving.  Not to be busy, but to be active and enjoy my outside country life. 

Encouragement for you to take off your shoes and walk in the grass, place them in a creek, a pond, or even a wishing fountain in a park.  Look up at the trees, the birds, butterflies and the clouds.  Contemplate, be full of your world.  It is not politics, crooks, and all sadness.  There is so much joy in a summer breeze, a blooming flower, etc.
So as I get going and also think about how I can encourage my so many family members and friends who are hurting today or for days, making them depressed;  I beg you to not let it all get you down.  Our world is a wonderful place.  Get a copy of Louis Armstrong's famous song about our wonderful world...oh, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment