Monday, June 25, 2018

   

HOW THE MIND DOTH WORK!!!

This morning I just did not feel right, not myself, not rested, not ready to go with my plans for the day.  So my thought was to not sew today as I am sewing a little more difficult item and want to take it slow and do it well.  So the sewing was going to sit today as I was not feeling just right.  Instead I headed outside in the heat and humidity to do the much needed weeding of my cactus garden.  It is not a large large area but large enough that it took me one and a half hours.  It has yucca and prickly pair and also some sedums at each end and a little evergreen at one end.  Such a pretty garden, with bird baths and some wine bottles on a tree my husband made for me.  

It was hard work and I had four large buckets of grass and weeds.  All the weeding made my hands sore, but I will sew tomorrow I told myself.  The buckets of weeds were hauled away and the hoe put up.  I washed off my gloves and shoes.  Looking back at my garden, it was a "sticky" job but now it was looking really "sharp" again.  I know that is a funny pun, but I could not resist.  

Now looking back at this mornings thoughts about how I was feeling, my conclusion is that I was not feeling good because I was not thinking right.  Why would this person who has asthma and was told to not work too long outdoors in the humidity and heat, do this.  Maybe because I like how "sharp" it looks again.  Maybe because I just needed to be outside.  And, actually with my sore hands, I was still able to do some baking, knit a little and embroider a little.  So it did turn out to be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment