Saturday, November 19, 2016

My Grand Plan:

Plans always to be home more and more and do more online shopping or less shopping all together.  So this week I have begun and am pleased with myself as this 68 year old so likes learning new things and challenging herself to change up things in life to keep fresh with the world.

I ordered some lovely things from King Flour Company, as I bake lots.  I like their flours and can purchase them in our local grocery store but special items are hard to find around my world.   I am not sure I saved funds but will enjoy the speciality baking I have planned ahead.  Breads are fun, and also ordered a cookie press for windmill cookies.

The other thing I did was uses my lovely Barnes and Nobles discount coupons sent in the mail today.  I used them online and not in the store, which is almost 2 hours either way I go.  When I do go, I spend more than I should plus the trip and lunch and other places I usually go shop at.  This way I purchased the two books I had wanted and used two coupons, one for 20% and one for 30%.  This is grand and I will have some lovely packages of books coming in the mail soon.  Besides baking, I love to read and read and read.

Today I also decided to order from Boxed....no membership shopping for grocery and household products.  Also has free shipping if you order over $75.00.  It amazed me that things were cheaper or the same, larger quantities but that is okay, and shipped to my door free in a few days.

Last week I received the package from Chewy.com for my dog order of foods, and such.  I did not do the auto re-order as I like keeping up with what I am doing myself.  These products are all good products and cheaper by far then what I pay here in northeast Missouri.  And shipping is free.  It came in one day.

So, fun to get things in the mail or FedX, etc.  I like being home and thinking this will be my new thing.....until.....well, I decide to do something else.  It is so good that we can change our ways and our mind.  

Being retired and able to still get excited about things like this is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment