Saturday, November 19, 2016

Husband Clearing Out Stuff


It was a quiet morning as I backed biscotti and took a walk.  My husband, Roy, seemed to be lost at what to do as no one had shown up to go deer hunting.  He really enjoys being out and about with the people more than the hunting.  So he stayed in and read some, watched one of the sessions of his online college class on Native Americans.  Then, I heard him in the bedroom doing something vigorously in the closets...his closets....and he was, sorting things out and getting rid of things.

This was so good because I had not asked him to do this for several years now as he does not like doing it.  He gets negative often and does not like to get rid of things either.  But he decided things needed to go.  I checked on him and he was just seeming to have a grand time.

Next he headed downstairs where he had a rack of clothes hanging.  (Really did not see the reason, but he did not want to get rid of them.)  Some of the items were my old uniforms from years ago when I worked for the sheriff's department.  When I quit and moved forward to be a social worker, well, I quit, and hung up my uniforms with the medal items still on them.  I was done.  But that was in 1998.  Oh my, I must rethink that he does not get rid of things.  Actually I had hung them with his uniforms and forgot about all of them.

So after he asked for my help to fold and put clothes in bags to take to GoodWill, I was thrilled that we had two large bags to be out of the house.  It always make me think that the house is somehow "lighter".

I told him then that I was proud of his decided to free up some space in his closets and also the basement rack.  His reply:  "Well, that is less people have to got through when I die!"

Probably true, but it took the pleasure and positive feeling away.  I told you he was usually negative, but it got him to do a good thing so I am positive for both of us!


x

No comments:

Post a Comment