Sunday, May 27, 2018

ORGANIC HOMEMADE DOG FOOD

Years ago I made my dog food for my pack of seven dachshunds.  Now that I have three little guys, ages 2, 3, and 7, I thought I was doing fine with purchasing good food, but my Hemingway, Yorkie mix, has become a fussy eater.  So with the latest Mary Jane Farm magazine and its wonderful dog treats and food to make, I got a great thought to again make my food.

It is simple, and I make enough to last for awhile, but I put it in containers and freeze it, as it is organic and fresh, no preservatives.  I only have about two days worth in each container which I refrigerate.  They are loving it and
 Vincent vG  (yes, van Gogh
 Hemingway, yes after Ernest             and Mr. Molesley after a character in Downton Abby.
it is much healthy for them.  Actually it smells and looks good.  

So it has fresh veggies like carrots, tomato, potato and spinach.  It also has apples, blueberries, and banana.  The meat can vary, I have used pork and beef, ground and browned.  I cook the veggies/fruit later in broth, organic also and sometimes homemade.
My guys run for their meals now.

No comments:

Post a Comment