Saturday, August 15, 2015

Glamping- Katie and Daisy Mae Style

Glamping-Katie and Daisy Mae Style

I just got home from a five day camping time again at my favorite place, Frank Russell Recreational Area, a Federal site, where I get to stay for only $9.00 a night, including my electricity.  It is because it is a federal site and I possess an America The Beautiful card for seniors, so all are half price, which means $18.00 a night for others, which is also cheaper then most places.

This area is fun, relaxing, in the woods mostly, has lots of walking areas and wooded paths also, paths down to Mark Twain Lake if you want to fish or swim, and even a nice pond with pretty geese to visit and also watch great sunsets.  Daisy and I like ending our day heading to the pond to watch the sunset, and then head back to the camper.

We cook on a small gas grill or over the open fire, and sometimes even on my three burner stove in the camper.  I like to sit under the trees and read, knit, or do quilting.  Daisy likes to rest and watch me, always with one eye part way open to also watch for squirrels, rabbits, turkey, and other things that venture our way....maybe even the gatekeeper friends Julie and Dianna who often stop and visit, or a park ranger, or a family member stopping in.  

This was my sixth camping trip this season and each were five days.  I find it so interesting that on my way home, after being out at the campsite, that when driving through the only town I have to drive through, 500 people population, I tell myself, "Wow, look at all the houses and people".  Really, how one gets used to being in the wilderness and enjoying it so much.

Have to go, my oven is telling me my peach cobbler is done baking.  Happy camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment