Sunday, August 30, 2015

Country Living

COUNTRY LIVING (Not the magazine but my life for real)

This country living is always the best, at least in my opinion.  I know magazines that show places that they call "country living in the city", and I am glad that people fix up there homes in country style and maybe plant a tomato or two, but really, full country living is just that and I am very thankful to be able to live and experience it daily.

With changing some of my life activities around, I will be home more now, not glamping with my Daisy Mae Foxhound who I had to put down (sounds so soft and nice) last week.  I miss her greatly but have wonderful memories.  These memories are made in the country, at camp or at home on the farm.  I have begun taking my long walks again without my Daisy Mae, and just looking up and enjoying the world around me.  I also look down from time to time to mind the snakes and cow pies also.  

Berry season is past, my garden is out, and peaches are done as well as the pears.  I have some apples yet to harvest and also a few more rows of potatoes to dig.  Flowers are fading, and soon some of the leaves will change.  The smell of fall is coming, the rustle of leaves, the cooler mornings and evenings, fires in my patio firepit out back.  All good stuff.  Country stuff.

Winter will bring more indoor activity, but I get out and walk and enjoy my surroundings during this season also.  For now, day by day, I move forward in my country life, and in my life. .  .  my life without my best friend, Daisy Mae Foxhound, but life as I know it now which can still be very good, because I am a Country Katie with Daisy Mae always in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment