Monday, August 27, 2018



Busy Country Life

Not just inside, but outside, things are busy.  I have been picking lovely peaches, baking with them and also freezing bags of peeled and sliced for later use, plus making jam.  I also have cut the last of my herbs to dry.  There is plenty stashed away for my use during the down season.  Still working on my quilt, but it has been hard to get at it the past week do to being busy with new phones.  We actually finally went from flip phones to Samsung Galaxy S9's.  Wow.  With all of that I also continue to walk, swim, and take the dogs for many walks.  I do my yoga often.  It has been a time to repot some of the lovely plants from the screen porch that have outgrown their pottings.  Such fun to get things finished, inside also, putting out fall decor, and just enjoying cleaning things during the way, standing back and smiling at my creations of knitted pumpkins, some felted, and also felt work pictures.  The corn stalks were cut to make a fall decor by the front porch, awaiting my pumpkin patch to finish up so I can take my old wheelbarrow full of pumpkins to the front door also.  I can just see it now.  It will be beautiful.  I have been dog setting my daughter's dog several times lately, and also a friend's dog.  My little guys like that.  My newest task has been to work on a children's book.  So much to learn besides the writing, and little by little I am getting things in place to have it printed.  Photography takes up some of each of my days.  I have recently been a contributor to the television station during their weather time with lovely photos I take just around our rural NE Missouri country home.  Sunsets, sunrises, trees, flowers, produce, clouds, birds, frogs, and so much more.  I like seeing them on the station from time to time.  Also has been fun to have people call my name out when I am at the grocery store and tell me they liked my sunflower picture, or my willow tree picture.  I do not feel famous by any means, but I feel like I am doing some things I enjoy and getting to share them with others.  So when I bake my breads weekly and share a loaf with a neighbor, I share also.  Life should be that way, especially when it is so full and good as this country woman's life.

Hoping your days are productive, fun, and peaceful also.

No comments:

Post a Comment