Monday, January 11, 2016

MY NEW YEAR and LIFE

I am 67, to be 68 in April, and I have had enough.  I have put up with stuff to put it nicely, from family and husbands for too many years, that is not acceptable.  I have also done my own thing and had a good life, many hobbies, adventures and joys.  But, I have gotten tired to the core of neglect, negativity, and uncaring.  So this year, 2016, as I begun the year, I decided to concentrate my energies on shining for those that would notice.  It may be a complete stranger (maybe an angel unawares).  Well today as I was at the hospital having blood work done, I took up a conversation with many, some I knew, and others I did not.  People that passed on by who I knew from camp, church, life, would stop and talk to me, tell me wows or happy things, and they would pass on.  The woman next to me sat quietly.  I started including her in the conversations.  She, like me, needed people and conversations.  My husband is not a talker, unless it is negative or critical, so it is just as well he does not talk much.  But, I no longer was letting this affect me, and I noted that it did not when I was out and about and myself.  This woman had had blood work also and was going to have to wait for her husband, who was again probably getting admitted to the hospital.  She and he are both in their 70's, a bit older then me, but interesting I am sure.  So I told her that I was going to breakfast at the hospital as the food was good.  She followed me, and then asked if she could sit with me.  We had such a wonderful conversation, and things just clicked together.  We ate, talked, laughed, cried, and exchanged addresses, names and phone numbers.  She lives about 15 miles past my country home.  She said she enjoyed our time so much and was so happy she made a new friend today.  Then she said, "When I heard you talking with others, I knew you were a caring and kind person, and GOD was just telling me to get to know you".  Now that is shining for HIM I would say.  I think I made a new friend today also.  In fact, I have planned to send her one of my hand colored Post cards soon.  It tickles me, this person that family husband's have neglected and trampled on can still meet and make friends, plus see all the others in my little world that enjoy conversing with me.  It is a good life and a good world and even in my corner of it on this cold winter day......I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment