Friday, January 22, 2016

Hermit Healing....


My new plan for at least the weekend, starting today, on Friday, is HH, Hermit Healing.  I believe that if I stay home, stay off the phone, facebook, etc., I will just heal some of my emotions.  I have had some issues with them recently because I am just tired of some people.  One friend told me that I get to chose, and I know this, chose who I let into my life, and who I spend time with.  This is so true and I must start adhering to this concept to feel better.  So HH is a good way to start.  

My plan is to rest, relax, read, knit (of course and always), quilt, play with my dogs, eat, sleep, nap, do some cleaning as needed, and just stay in, accept for my wonderful walks in the crisp air and snow which I find invigorating.  I love snow and crispness of air...and I know many don't, but to me, for me, it clears my mind.  I like seeing my breathe and watching for different tracks in the snow.  

I can tell by my thoughts that I am healing.  I seem to always have great plans and start enjoying them, and then let others in to enjoy them with me and it gets all spoiled.  I told my son, in a great phone conversation today about these thoughts, and he agreed that he could do some hermit time also. He says that he suffers from always doing too much for others also.  I know I bring things on by enabling people to walk all over me when I let them steal my "me" time and then I resent it.  Now I am going to be 68, and you would think I would have learned this, but I have now I believe and the thing is as I say no (which is my best yes), then people seem to think there is something really wrong with me.  I say, no, I am better, and HH and saying no, and doing things by and for  myself are healthy.  I like my own company, and next to that, I like the company of my dogs, and my hobbies, including grand books and music.  

HH.....try it.....and if you think it is a bit "eccentric", well, put on a funny hat and just enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment