Friday, September 11, 2015

Opportunities to Explore

Opportunities to Explore Life


It is such joy to have opportunities to explore things in life, from creative things, to festivals, to travel and all containing people.  We can learn so much from watching and talking to and mostly listening to people.

This past weekend I helped a knitting circle friend in her booth at the Hannibal, Missouri, Steampunk Festival.  This is a stretch for me to do these types of things, but I try to challenge myself, plus it was an opportunity to get to know Hilly more.  

This was the second year Hannibal hosted a festival of this type.  Wow, what an eye opener to new and interesting ideas and people.  It is like a whole circle of "believers" of steampunk.  I am used to the sisterhood of Mary Jane Farm people, of my church, of my knitting circle, and community, but this was knowledge for learning.  

Also my friend, Hilly, owns and uses a 1904 GearHart sock knitting crank machine to make all of her socks and fingerless gloves on.  She really does great work and did wonderful with sales.  
 1904 GearHart sock knitting crank machine owned by Hilly Jacklin.
My son, Brook Kurth, and his hawk, Ginny.  He is one of 91 licensed falconers in Missouri.  Ginny is a red tail hawk and a hit at the Steampunk Festival. Below are Hilly at the machine and I behind having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment