Friday, September 25, 2015

Country Katie Home from France....

My my my,  this country girl spent eight days in France and feel so very blessed.  I also am glad to be back home in rural Missouri, and was able to pick some apples today and make two pies, one for us and one for neighbors.  As I start to organize and post some photos of my trip on facebook and here, I want to say that I enjoyed the culture and details of things I saw in France.  Little villages in north western France, Normandy area to see the beaches.  I also went North east to Alsace/Lorraine area where my family came from to move to the United States.  I met refugees at the train station.  I could not help but think of years ago that many French people were on the move to leave due to wars and wars and more wars, with my grandparents being some of those people.  I am so thankful to this wonderful country of United States where I was born, who took in so many people from every where.


I visited many interesting places in Paris also, the Louvre and Orsay Musee, the Eiffel Tower and the wonderful Jardin Luxembourg Gardens.  Architecture and culture was wonderful to explore.  This country lady even did some shopping.....I can be in style you know!!!!  After all, I am French.
 Normandy Beaches WWII Cemetery.
Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.

1 comment:

  1. What a great opportunity! You are correct, architecture and culture is wonderful to explore! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete