Friday, May 8, 2015

Rainy Day's are Wonderful

Today it is raining in my corner of the world and my corner of the state of Missouri, which is the northeast corner.  This is wonderful.  We need the rain, really we do, as do other places.  I am glad and thankful as a farmer and also as a gardener and outdoors person.  It will help my "garden grow" and no, my name is not Mary, Mary.

Rainy days during spring and summer are also helpful to the person who is outdoors lots, either working, walking, camping.  It means a day indoors to do other things, like staying in my pj's while I watch some morning news and knit on my wonderful gold colored baby alpaca/silk scarf. I only have four more sections and it will be finished.  I plan to use it as a "staple" item on my fall trip to France.  Oh, it is so richly soft and pretty also.  

I also have a carrot/raisin cake in the oven and will make cream cheese frosting for it after it is totally cooled.  It does smell wonderful as I sit here typing away and sipping nice Downton Abbey Republic of Tea from Hannibal's Java Jive.  It is called Mrs. Patmore's Pudding Tea and is black tea, with sweet blackberry leaves, natural caramel and vanilla flavoring, and carob bits.  It smells and tastes wonderful.  It can be ordered online so try it out if you don't have a classy coffee spot near you.  My spot is pretty coffee shop style and is owned by a young lady, good business woman, plus being a young wife and mother of small children.  She was just honored as one of the outstanding ladies in our community that own businesses.  Yes, Katie, way to go!

My handwash items are done in the washer with a great handwash cycle.  I really do enjoy the nice conveniences we have as homemakers and do not want to go back to old fashion things, but how I do like the old fashion and vintage decor and  clothing.  My camper is all "glamped" out with things like that as is my home.  But, again, even with clothes lines and such, I like good washers and driers and dishwashers and refrigerators.  Recently walking at the farm and collecting flat creek bed rocks for a friend's patio, I took some nice shots of the farm families old ice house.  This was probably built in the mid 1800's as the farmhouse was built in 1852.  So nice to go to my refrig, even in my camper and get out ice cubes.  

Enjoy your rain if you are receiving some, enjoy your conveniences, and most of us do have some or lots, and mostly enjoy your day.  Work on some baking, knitting, quilting, reading or even a nap.  I think I will do that after I get my four dogs their baths.  Good day for that as they already get wet smelling with going outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment