Saturday, May 16, 2015

"Glamping"


Yes, and yeah, and yippy.  I am mostly packed and ready to head off after church tomorrow to my second "glamping" days.  I try to go every few weeks, and I go close enough to home that I can do this easily.  I also go "glamping" which, as most of you know is glamour camping.  My camper is a 1995 so is not a vintage and this seems to mean I cannot camp with the MaryJane Farm glampers, but it is okay, as I have my camper decorated as I like, and I enjoy my time with my Daisy Mae Foxhound.  

My camper is 23 feet long.  As you enter, you go to the left and I have a nice bathroom with a two door closet, a stole, sink and medicine cabinet, and a tub/shower.  I like this as then I do not have to go out in the middle of the night or the rain.  I think it is a great safety feature for me.

When you first walk into the camper, you enter the kitchen where I have plenty of cabinets, a double sink, a three burner stove and oven, and a refrigerator and top separate door freezer.  After this you go into a couch and table benches area with cabinets above and storage under.  The couch makes into a bed, single size and over the table you can have another bed fold out if you want.  I don't even have a foam mattress in that area but use the area for storage cabinets for towels and games and candles, etc.  I really don't have too many people stay over and have even had my husband fix the table more secure to the wall, so it does not come down and make into a bed either.  If it did, it would be a double bed.  so I could actually sleep six people because.....after this living area, I actually have a separate bedroom with a folding closing door, which I don't ever close as my Daisy Dog and I are the only ones there.  It has a full size bed, which is always up, and I like this as I would not enjoy having to take down the table to go to bed each night.  I do enjoy my afternoon naps or just laying down and reading on the "already up" bed.  I have shelves for books and another large shelve unit for "stuff".  There is also a nice size closet in this bedroom.  

So you can see I am set when I go "glamping".  I have old wicker chairs painted white for sitting outside, plus a nice old lounge chair for Daisy Mae Foxhound.  I have a round wooden table and two chairs that I place under the canopy of the camper.  I decorate all with lace, quilts, teapots and cups, lanterns, and baskets.  Inside I also use teacups, placemats with lace and crocheting.  I have embroidered dish towels and crocheted potholders and dish clothes.  I also have doilies on the shelves hanging down so you can see all the pretty work.  I use cloth napkins, and handmade aprons.  Even some of my bath towels have embroider and crocheting on them. I use china plates and glassware and specially nice utensils and pots and pans.  I do use my cast iron on the fire outside, but always make things look "vintage" and keep to the glamour camping.

During my time camping, when Daisy Mae and I are not walking and taking photos and just enjoying nature, I am knitting, writing, reading, painting, and quilting.  I don't take a computer and have gone back to my flip phone as it gets better reception then my smart phone did, and thus I don't have the internet.  I almost always hope people don't call me, and I often just make arrangements for some people to come out one of the three nights I am camping, for dinner, but not to stay over.

I have had my grandson go camping with me twice in three years and my granddaughter has also gone twice.  I am okay with this as I call it "making memories", but I never invite them for more then one night, and I don't invite just anyone  to show up.  This is my time with my Daisy and my GOD and I want it that way.
I worked hard in difficult jobs for many years and helped and dealt with so many people problems, that this is my time and I don't make apologizes for it.

If you have not thought about "glamping" and don't want to tent or vintage trailer camp, just think about doing it your way, with a more updated camper that you can still make your own.  This past year I took down the very popular looking camper curtains and tossed them and made some wonderful lace curtains which make all look lighter and more "me".  You can do it also.  

No comments:

Post a Comment