Friday, December 19, 2014

TEA TIME FOR ONE


Tea time in many parts of the world is very much a ritual and also special time to visit.  It also is very relaxing for a "tea time for one" in this part of the world....rural northeast Missouri.  I am trying to use my tea pot collection this winter and also switching off on my many tea cups.  Some are from family and friends, and many are from auctions, but because I have bid and purchased them, they are special memories of my "adoption" .

Each time I sit down with steeping tea and my empty tea cup awaiting a new adventure, I cannot help but wonder about the many places and stories these dear pots and cups could tell.  Some may be wonderful, and more may be a challenge.  I do know at my home, as their adopted parent, they are cared for and resting plentifully  until they are picked to share some tea with me.  

The big treat the past few days as been that I am using Downton Abbey Tea which I purchased while in town a few days ago.  I am an avid Downton Abbey fan, even working on a hexagon English Paper Piecing quilt with Downton Abbey fabric.  There are a number of flavors and only for a season, and they say, when gone, they are gone.  Hoping they will come out with more.  I purchased a breakfast tea, hearty and strong to start the day, and on the can is stories of getting ready for a foxhunt.  Now I thought very appropriate for me as my dear friend Daisy Mae is a foxhound.   The other tea purchased is a Christmas Spice, very light and tasty.  I have to admit that this tea time of one becomes two if I leave my cup for a few minutes low enough  for Daisy Mae Foxhound.  She seems to like the sweetness and spices.  I am glad I usually only pour a half cup at a time so it stays warm.  And it really is okay to share with her, as she is my "bestest" friend ever.

There is also humor in some of my tea times with these vintage items I use.  Just this morning, sitting here at the computer, tea cup on one side of the desk and tea pot (from England)  on the other side when I see liquid on the top of the desk....running from this pot.  Apparently it has a leak.  As I did not want to get off the computer and did want to enjoy my tea time, I switched the tea cup saucer to place it under the tea pot.  As I checked it, I just poured my tea from the pot and also some from the saucer.  To note, this specific pot will have to sit out TEA TIME FOR ONE, or two or three.  But for today, she is a pretty pot and I will enjoy.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment