Tuesday, December 2, 2014

DECEMBER UPON US


The year of 2014 is coming to a close and it seems unbelievable to  me.  So many things and so much time, but it passes faster then I can believe, especially each year I get older.  Now at 66, and enjoying life, retirement, and rural living, and glamping, of course with my Daisy Mae, I still get amazed when I don't seem to get everything accomplished I want to.  So, this is a time of year to make a list and check it twice.

My lists are full throughout the year, but at the end of the year, the last month of the year, I cannot help but think what I did accomplish.  Think about it for your life, and when you do, you may decide to sit down for a coffee or tea break because it may amaze you.

I would list right on the top that I was able to go glamping a total of twelve times this  camping season in rural Missouri, with each time staying three to four days.  That total of days is amazing, and I have the pictures, journal entries, and memories to prove it.

Another thing on my list is gardens, two good sized gardens, flowerbeds, and a personal orchard, all productive.  I did not plant a fall garden this year but encourage you to try it sometime as it is interesting and productive way to  extend the growing season.  I do, however, have one nice large tomato plant in a pot in my study and it is green, pretty and is blooming....tomatoes indoors in the winter will be a treat.

My quilting projects and knitting projects have gone well.  I was able again to share hats with the local hospital for newborns.  I also sent hats, scarfs and mittens off to a Native American group I have sponsored in Utah for many years now.  We glampers and rural girls have many talents and online you can find lots of charities that can use your talents or produce from those talents.

My usually array of books have gone past my eyes and many were passed on to friends and family.  Reading opens my mind and takes me to visit other people's lives, encouraging me in mine.  I am so thankful to Mrs. Kopreck, in Wisconsin, who, in a one room school house (yes) taught me to read.  

Family, friends, church family, and neighborhood and community always play a role in my life.  Each year I am pleased to recall the many great family and friends I have.  Today I got a nice message from a long time friend of 24 years, and one who I have known for 41 years.  Facebook has given me new and interesting friends, some new and some long time friends.  I find it healthy to have different ages, generations, genders, etc. of people in my list of friends.  People can make life so full and interesting.  Maybe I will even get some of them out to glamp next year.  Well, maybe just for a hotdog roast would seem more realistic, but, hey, 2015 is coming and a new year may bring some surprises with it.....one thing for sure.....this rural woman is going to "glamp on".

No comments:

Post a Comment