Friday, July 11, 2014

Glamping time ahead!


As lawns grow, produce needs harvesting, renters are evicted and mad, berries are ripening at the farm, yes, I am looking forward to a glampin time ahead.  I plan to leave Sunday afternoon after church service as I love going to church and being with my church family.  My son and family was at camp all week but will have to visit or call me at campgrounds.  My daughter was at training for her job all week, but same goes for her.
I am learning that during our journey of cancer (husband has aggressive lymphoma), I get a real need to grab at times away. 

Of course my Daisy Mae (foxhound) will go with me.  Today she got excited when she saw me in my rubber boots which I keep in the camper.  I also use them for berry picking as I don't like poison ivy or snakes.  Blackberries are ripening fast and they are very yummy.  I went today and they probably won't need picking until Tuesday when my husband said he would go for awhile.  It gives him something to do besides sit around.  I must keep him up and going when he is feeling good.  I took Daisy picking with me as she was just so excited about the boots.  I tell you, not much gets past her active and smart mind.

I packed some rootbeer and other food items I could put in ahead of time.  I also put in my wonderful accordion and music.  Sure am glad for this wonderful auction find.  I so enjoy playing music, but cannot see taking my organ or piano in my camper.  That would be a bit much, even it I am a glamper. 

My camper has many quilts and doilies.  It also has "real" dishes, not paper plates, cloth napkins, placemats and table clothes, and many teapots and tea cups, plus a very nice vintage chrome electric perculator (on ebay they are selling for around $50.00 but auction purchase it was $3.00).  I also have a vintage chrome one slice electric toaster, auction price of $2.00 and ebay now selling for over $30.00.  For any glampers, auctions are really a way to get some of this vintage stuff.  It just makes that coffee and toast more fun in the morning.  I have many books, journels, art supplies also packed.

Oh, I can hardly wait until Sunday afternoon.  I even have my firewood in the truck already....and can taste those s'mores which I make with windmill cookies instead of graham crackers.  Just one more yummy "glamping" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment