Sunday, September 9, 2018




First Purse made....


Addicted, Arlis, a fabric worker for Hobby Lobby, told me when I purchased fabric for a purse.  She said I would get addicted and make lots of them.  I thought, well, maybe, but I will be happy to finish this one first.  She was right and we both laughed about it when I headed her way a few days ago with the search on for more fabric in the remnant pile for a few more purses, only a few, actually only two, but then when I go up to the cutting counter, there it was, long bolts of fabric, upholstery, and some in steel blue with varied sized dots, so very Frank Lloyd Wright I thought, and it was wide, marked down to only $4.00 a yard.  A yard I said, so off I went to the cutting board with it and my remnants . 
Arlis, well she laughed again, and said, well that yard will probably make 4 purses, so now you have fabric for six.  Happy sewing.  But I still have my fall dress jacket to cut out and sew.....So today, well I did not sew, but I cut.  My jacket is all carefully cut out as it is a large project with lots of detail, pleats in the back, lapels, pockets, and button holes, plus lining.  I just had to cut out just one purse also.  Just one.  I admit I was tempted to cut out more, but did not cave.  

Photo below is of my first purse which I sewed this week.  It was fun, quite easy, and I think pretty also.  The thing is that you can design any print or color and add buttons, or other items to it.  So it becomes uniquely yours...or whoever you are making it for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment