Monday, March 10, 2014

SPRING LIKE Weather....yes, oh, yes


This winter seems to be coming to an end, and today was one nice day...almost 70 here in rural northeast Missouri.  I so enjoyed hearing the Redwing Blackbirds as Daisy Mae and I took, not just one, but two long walks.  And in between those two walks, I took my neighbor's dog home.  It seems Skip got away from them and they had not missed him yet.  My dogs were glad to see him, so they all played a bit, but then I leashed and walked him down the gravel road to his home.  Jonathon was just coming for him, so yelled "thanks" and I unleased Skip so he could head home.  Yes, here in my neck of the woods we even know our neighbor's dog's names.  I do feel for those that don't even know their neighbors.

Around the pond we saw a turtle sunning itself.  I know that even these hardshelled beasts must enjoy the warmth that was shining all over us today.  Our snow is gone accept in some of the ditches, but Daisy had to venture in those areas to see if she could sniff what had been there before we went that way.  She found rabbit, squirrel, deer and coyote tracks.  Of course, she also found Skip tracks, and looked longingly his way when we passed their house on our second walk. 

It is interesting to me how animals can become pals and enjoy each other.  It also makes me wonder why we cannot be more like animals in this area.  It seems that people like to complain, gripe, and be frustrated at their life and others lifes instead of enjoying each other.  I know on facebook that so many are negative about things.  But you are never going to have a positive day if all you are is negative.  I do believe it all starts with you.  My grandmother used to say, "You can get up and say , Thank  GOD for another day, or you can say, Oh, no, another day to work, etc."   These days we should be happy if we have a job and work.  Being retired, I still fill my days and work on my "to do" list.  By the way, my husband has one also which he works hard at finishing.  I am always there to add more, and he just laughs.  See, being positive can even make you laugh some. 

Tonight my dogs and I sat and watched our beautiful sunset.  There is so much to enjoy and one thing for sure to enjoy is that Spring is just around the corner.  I am ready....glamping will soon follow, and who cannot feel happy and positive about that.  I know Daisy Mae is and I am imagining that she will meet some other dog friends when she is glamping this season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment