Friday, October 31, 2014

End of October.....Wow


Maybe it is not the same for you, but to me this year went so fast, and the "glamping" season went even faster.  It was, however, all enjoyable, rain or shine, and I am already looking and planning for next season.

Today I printed off the last of my camping pictures and have completed my second year "glamping" photo album.  I do plan to have many more years and many more albums to live and create and enjoy along the way.

During these next months, well, "Glamping" will be part of my life, but just at home.  I  can have firepit fires and do smores, and I can take my Daisy Mae Foxhound on long walks at the farm.  The difference is then coming home to a house instead of a camper.  It is all good stuff.  I will also plan and create some items for use next year for glamping, such as more embroidered kitchen towels, maybe a new tea pot from an auction, and even getting a quilt or two done for the camper.

In progress now are three different quilts, but I do know they will be for at home.  Well, maybe the crazy quilt can go to the camper sometimes.  Crazy quilts are fun to do and fun to use, having such interesting history.  I am making the current one from all fabric obtained at second hand stores.....lots of velvet, silk ties, and skirts, with some rayon pieces also and lots and lots of embroider.  

Tonight, the last night of October, yes Halloween, means cooler weather and more time to do these crafts and think about the next season while still enjoying memories of the past season of glamping.  I am not busy with trick or treaters.....well, because I live out in the country, way out where no one comes to get candy.  But I do wish everyone a happy fall season.  Enjoy November tomorrow and all month.  Enjoy family and traditions and friends and cooking and baking and decorating.  Enjoy yourself, always taking time for some rest.   

No comments:

Post a Comment