Wednesday, May 30, 2018

COUNTRY DAILY LIFE

It cannot be said often enough how much I enjoy my country home and lifestyle.  I know all cannot nor do they want to live in the country.  But, I know for this seventy year old, I feel blessed.  Being raised in the country, and living in the country most of my adult life, I can compare city life as I have done some of that also and some suburb life.  It was okay as it was what I had to do.  I have found that it is best for me to be positive and adapt to my situations as they come in life.  However, my choice for country living is rewarded.

The garden, the yard, the trees, and woods are just a wonder to look at and sit in.  To find new spots to sit or walk and discover some new plant or insect still excites my being.  To watch the clouds or listen to the rain on my screen porch tin roof is soothing.  When I bake, fix salad, etc, from things I have grown makes me think of people years ago.  Or, today those who like to live organically, self sustaining, free of products shipped miles, but fresh things, I admire you also.  And, we get to taste "real foods".

Homemade sandwich bread made in a special covered heavy metal pan from the wonderful old company, King Arthur Flour, in Vermont.  Freshly made with healthy ingredients.  Delicious.  

You can do these things in the city also.  Bake, walk, listen and look.  I encourage you to just connect yourself to the world, your world where you live now.  And if you want to someday live in the country....then plan for that.  I can tell you it is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment