Thursday, March 29, 2018

Sewing Day

Today I cut out 15 one loop cloth scarves and also some napkins and an apron.  It was a fun and relaxing time.  I actually stayed in my pjs all day as it was cold and rainy here, and a great sewing day.  Now that I finished my first quilt of 2018, I want to do some smaller projects for awhile, along with my other crafts of knitting, crocheting, painting, etc.  

The one loop cloth scarves are easy and then I cut to fringe them.  They are less work and cheaper to make then the two loop scarves I have made and I think I will like the flannel ones with denium jackets and my denium dress.  Of course I will just keep one of each print and the rest are for gifts.  What a nice inexpensive gift.  I can get four scarves from one yard of fabric.  The gauze fabric I only was able to cut three from.  It is the bee fabric and so pretty.

My cherry apron is a great addition to my many homemade aprons.  I do have a couple of purchased aprons from friends who know I like aprons.  I also purchased one while in FRANCE.  

The napkins are left for another day.  Yes, we do use cloth napkins at all of our meals.  Such a nice touch to everyday life and actually economical also.
I just could not decide if I was going to machine stitch hems or do rolled handstitched hems or stitch around the napkin and ravel edges.  The fabric is lovely homespun.  So another day I will have it decided.  No hurry.


No comments:

Post a Comment