Saturday, March 12, 2016

Quiet Saturday...........


Today it is rainy and warm, and I could be out more.  Today I have two of my three laundry baskets full, and I could do laundry.  Today I have nothing bakes, and I could bake. 
BUT.....I am having a quiet Saturday.  My husband is out of town for the day, my dogs are restful as they don't care to go outdoors much in the rain, and I am tired.  I had several long and difficult days.  Today I told myself..."Self, not hey you, you need to relax and rest".  So I decided I don't need my laundry done today or things baked or my floor even swept.  In fact, I don't need to get out of my pajamas either.  

My menu so far for the day has been to rest, read, rest, knit, rest, drink coffee, rest, play with my Hemingway (yorkie), rest, eat nachos for lunch, rest, drink some FRENCH roast coffee made in my vintage perculator, rest and get online.  So my plans for later are to rest, drink more coffee, rest, color, rest, read, rest, eat dinner, rest, watch some television, and rest, drink a glass of wine, and then tell myself, "Self, not hey you, I did it.  It is wonderful when I can plan the day and actually pull it off". 

Hoping your Saturday is restful, and full of fun as mine has been.  I know I enjoyed mine so far and know I wait to enjoy my glass of wine.  Some days it is looking forward to that first cup of coffee and the glass of wine at night that makes the day special.  That is called being "de-stressed".

No comments:

Post a Comment